Arizona Sunshine Salad
- 1 peeled grapefruit
- 1 peeled orange
- 10 cups bite-size pieces of fresh lettuce leaves
- 1 thinly sliced, small red onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
1. Wash hands with warm water and soap.
2. Wash fresh fruit and vegetables before preparing.
3. Cut fruit into bite size pieces and toss with the sliced red onion in a large bowl.
4. Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over salad and toss just before serving.
5. Serve cold.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 47; Carbohydrate, 9g; Protein, 1g; Total Fat, 2 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 2 g; Total Sugars, 3 g; Sodium, 9 mg; Calcium, 13 mg; Folate, 10.5 mcg; Iron, 0.1 mg; Calories from Fat, 34%.
Source - USDA, SNAP-Ed Connection Recipe Finder; Ponichtera, Brenda RD, ScaleDown Publishing, Inc., Quick and Healthy, Vol.II, 1995, p.100.
Makes 8 servings, approximately 1 ½ cups each.