Apple Pecan Bars
- 4 cups shredded apples with peel (about 4 large red apples)
- 2⅔ cup quick cooking rolled oats
- ⅔ cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Non-stick spray
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh produce before preparing.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9x9 pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Shred apples on a large-hole grater and place in a large mixing bowl. Discard core and seeds.
- Combine oats, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add shredded apples and beaten eggs to dry mixture. Stir until well combined. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown and edges start to pull away from sides of pan. Let cool for 10 minutes prior to slicing. Cut into 8 bars.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 260; Carbohydrates, 37 g; Protein,7 g; Total Fat, 10 g; Saturated Fat,1.5 g; Trans Fat,0 g; Cholesterol, 45 mg; Fiber, 6 g; Total Sugars, 14 g; Sodium, 330 mg; Calcium, 55 mg; Folate, 9.88 mcg; Iron, 1.85 mg.
Makes 8 servings, 1 bar each.