Rate this Recipe
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño chile, chopped
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (optional)
- ¼ cup lime or lemon juice, or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Green onion or cilantro can be used as a garnish
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl.
- Gently stir all ingredients in the recipe together
- Cover and refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Taste and add more seasonings, if needed. Spoon into bowls.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 51; carbohydrate, 8 g; protein, 2 g; total fat, 2 g; saturated fat, 0 gm; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber, 2 g; total sugars, 5 g; sodium, 170 mg; calcium, 17 mg; folate, 15 mcg; iron, 0 mg; percent calories from fat, 32%.
Makes 8 servings.