Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Rate this Recipe
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Wash hands with soap and warm water.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into ½-inch thick rounds. Rinse under cold running water and dry on a paper towel.
- Place sweet potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with cumin and toss.
- Preheat a nonstick baking sheet in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Arrange sweet potatoes on the heated sheet in a single layer and roast for 30-35 minutes, turning every 10 minutes, until evenly browned and tender when pierced with a knife.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a serving dish and sprinkle with salt, pepper and cilantro. Toss gently and serve.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 80; Carbohydrate, 12 g; Protein, 1 g; Total Fat, 2.5 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber 2 g; Total Sugars, 4 g; Sodium, 310 mg; Calcium, 27 mg; Folate, 4 mcg; Iron, 1 mg; Calories from fat, 28%.
Makes 4 servings - Recipe Courtesy of Team 4 Nutrition