Roasted Corn Salsa
Rate this Recipe
- 4 large ears yellow sweet corn on the cob (to make 2 ½ cups cut corn)
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped tomato
- 1 ½ jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Preheat oven to 375⁰ F.
- Remove a few outer leaves and as much silk as possible without completely removing husk from the corn. Wash and place on baking sheet. Cover the corn partially with aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven for 45-55 minutes.
- Remove corn from baking heat and allow to cool. Peel corn removing all silk, then remove corn from husk.
- Combine corn with chopped onion, tomato, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro. Add vegetable oil and mix well.
- Add lime juice and cumin to taste and stir in salt and ground pepper.
- Cover and chill for about 15 minutes or more.
- Serve cold.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 205; carbohydrate, 31 g; protein, 6 g; total fat, 7 g; saturated fat, 1.5 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; dietary fiber, 8 g; total sugars, 13 g; sodium, 90 mg; calcium, 75 mg; folate, 15 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent of calories from fat, 31%
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH)
Makes 4 servings.