Rate this Recipe
- ½ large ripe cantaloupe
- ¾ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh fruits and vegetables before preparing.
- Remove seeds and rind from cantaloupe (you should have approximately ½ pound cantaloupe flesh.)
- Chop cantaloupe into very small pieces.
- Put cantaloupe pieces into a bowl.
- Add chopped red pepper, cilantro, green onions and lime juice. Stir.
- Add salt and pepper flakes to mixture.
- Serve with grilled chicken, fish or steaks.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 52; Carbohydrate, 12 g; Protein, 1 g; Total Fat, 0 g; Saturated Fat, 0 gm; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 2 g; Total Sugars, 10 g; Sodium, 89 mg; Calcium, 16 mg; Folate, 42 mcg; Iron, 1 mg; Percent of Calories from Fat, 0%.
Makes 4 servings.