Brussels Sprouts Hash and Eggs
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, ¼ teaspoon each
- 1 lemon wedge
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce or crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash vegetables with water before preparing.
- Chop off the ends of the sprouts. Slice them in half, then finely shred each half.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Swirl it around to coat the pan. Add the Brussels sprout shreds and garlic, then leave it to cook for about 1 minute.
- Crack the eggs into opposite sides of the pan. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Pour 2 tablespoons of water into the skillet and cover with a lid. Let the eggs steam, undisturbed, for 2 minutes.
- Once the whites of the eggs are cooked through, turn off the heat and sprinkle everything with lemon juice. Add hot sauce or red pepper flakes if you want it spicy.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 215; Carbohydrate, 15 g; Protein, 10 g; Total Fat, 12 g; Saturated Fat, 2 g; Trans Fat, 0 gm; Cholesterol, 164 mg; Fiber, 6 g; Total Sugars, 4 g; Sodium, 260 mg; Calcium, 76 gm; Folate, 21 mcg; Iron, 1 mg; Calories from Fat, 50%.
Makes: 2 servings, about 2 cups each.