Rate this Recipe
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 Tablespoons diced green pepper
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 4 teaspoons pizza sauce
- 2 Tablespoons shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
1. Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
2. Preheat oven to 350° F.
3. In a small non-stick skillet over medium heat add green onions and bell pepper.
4. Cook, stirring continuously for 2 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
5. Stir in eggs and black pepper and cook about another 2 minutes.
6. Split English muffins in half and toast.
7. Spread 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce onto each English muffin half.
8. Spoon ½ of the egg mixture and cheese on top of the muffins.
9. Place muffins on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
* Instead of baking, the last step could be done in the microwave for 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Nutrition information per serving: calories, 156 ; carbohydrate, 17 g; protein, 10 g; total fat, 6 g; saturated fat, 2 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 165 mg; fiber, 3 g; total sugars, 4 g; sodium, 307 mg; calcium, 167 mg; folate, 40 mcg; iron, 2 mg; percent calories from fat, 35%.
Adapted from 3-A-Day
Makes 2 servings, ½ muffin each