Black Eyed Peas, Tomatoes, and Onion
Rate this Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can black-eyed peas, undrained (about 15-ounces)
- ¼ cup packed cilantro (optional)
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Combine oil, onion and garlic in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened.
- Stir in tomatoes and black-eyed peas.
- Cook over low heat stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes until heated thoroughly.
- Stir in cilantro, if using, and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 78; carbohydrate, 12 g; protein, 4 g; total fat, 3 g; saturated fat, 0 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber, 3 g; total sugars, 0 g; sodium, 322 mg; calcium, 2 g; folate, 3 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent calories from fat, 35%.
Makes 6 servings, approximately ½ cup each.