- 4 medium apples, peeled and cut into quarters (like Braeburn, Gala, Delicious, Jonathon, or Rome)
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash apples before preparing.
2. Heat apples and juice to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered five to ten minutes, stirring occasionally to break up apples.
4. Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Continue simmering and stir while cooking for one minute.
5. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories 64; Carbohydrate 17 g; Protein 0 g; Total Fat 0 g; Saturated Fat 0 g; Trans Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 0 g; Fiber 3 g; Total Sugars 13 g; Sodium 1 mg; Calcium 3 mg; Folate 0.1 mcg; Iron 0.3 mg; Calories from Fat, 0%.
Makes 6 servings