Rate this Recipe
- 6 apples, cored and sliced
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- ½ cup water
- cinnamon or cloves to taste
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh fruits before preparing.
- In a medium saucepan, simmer apples in apple juice and water until they are soft.
- Remove contents from pan and place into blender container.
- Cover blender container with lid and blend until smooth.
- Add cinnamon or cloves to taste.
- Return mixture to saucepan and cook slowly for another 30 minutes.
- Use as a spread for bread or toast.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 91; Carbohydrate, 25 g; Protein, 0 g; Total Fat, 0 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber 5 g; Total Sugars, 18 g; Sodium, 0 mg, Calcium, 5 mg; Folate, 0 mcg; Iron, 0 mg; Percent of Calories from Fat, 0%.
Makes 6 servings.