Mediterranean Roasted Eggplant with Tomato Sauce
Rate this Recipe
- 2 small eggplants
- 1 cup low-sodium pizza or spaghetti sauce
- ¼ cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil spray
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Remove the stem end and slice the eggplants into 1/2-inch slices.
- Spray a baking pan with vegetable oil spray and lay the eggplant in the pan in a single layer.
- Spoon low-sodium pizza or spaghetti sauce on each slice.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Stir the yogurt and garlic together.
- Drizzle the sauce in thin lines on each of the eggplant slices before serving. You can do this easily by putting the sauce in a plastic squirt bottle or using a spoon.
- Serve immediately as an entrée or side dish.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 120; carbohydrate, 23 g; protein, 4 g; total fat, 2 g; saturated fat, 1 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 2 mg; fiber, 9 g; total sugars, 12 g; sodium, 32 mg; calcium, 54 mg; folate, 59 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent calories from fat, 7%.
Recipe from "Do Yourself a Flavor" by Graham Kerr.
Makes 4 servings.