Rate this Recipe
- 1 ½ Teaspoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- ½ Teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add onion, garlic and tomato and sauté until soft.
- While onion is cooking, steam spinach in a pan with a small amount of water. Cook until spinach is wilted, drain.
- Add Italian seasonings, pepper and salt to the beaten egg whites. Add egg whites to the onion mixture.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and turn heat to low.
- Cook for 15 minutes and check for firmness when done.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 72; carbohydrate, 7 g; protein, 6 g; total fat, 3 g; saturated fat, 0.28 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber, 1 g; total sugars, 3 g; sodium, 296 mg; calcium, 48 mg; folate, 65 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent calories from fat, 33%.
Recipe courtesy of Washington Farmer's Market Nutrition Program
Makes 3 servings.