Lite Fried Okra
Rate this Recipe
- 2 cups sliced fresh okra
- ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- In a bowl, mix sliced okra, oil, salt and pepper.
- Coat a large fry pan with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium heat, and add okra mixture, turning often with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Cook until okra is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with hot sauce or favorite relish.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 21; Carbohydrate, 4 g; Protein, 1 g; Total Fat, 0.5 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 2 g; Total Sugars, 1 g; Sodium, 149 mg; Calcium, 41 mg; Folate, 44 mcg; Iron, 0 mg; Percent of Calories from Fat, 21%.
Makes 4 servings.