- 3 cups fresh, frozen, or canned unsweetened fruit
- 1 ⅓ cups nonfat dry milk powder
- ½ cup fat free milk
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons sugar (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh fruit before preparing.
- If using canned fruit, drain and reserve juice for another use.
- Put all ingredients in a blender container. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 135; carbohydrate, 23 g; protein, 10 g; total fat, 1 g; saturated fat, 0 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 4 mg; fiber, 2 g; total sugars, 20 g; sodium, 142 mg; calcium, 330 mg; folate, 41 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent calories from fat, 7%.
Makes 4 servings.