4 large egg whites
¼ cup sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
¼ cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
⅔ cup raisins
12 slices whole wheat or white bread cut into ½ -inch cubes
Non stick cooking spray
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except raisins and bread. Mix well.
- Add raisins and bread; Mix well.
- Allow mixture to soak for 5 minutes.
- Spray a standard-size muffin tin or 12 custard cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place mixture into each of the custard cups or muffin cups.
- Bake about 35 minutes, until firm and well browned.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before removing muffins from cups.
- Serve warm.
Servings:Makes 12 muffins, 1 each.
calories, 175; carbohydrate, 28 g; protein, 7 g; total fat, 4 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 2 mg; fiber, 4 g; total sugars, 16 g; sodium, 192 mg; calcium, 224 mg; folate 43 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent calories from fat, 21%.