1 cup quick oats
1 very ripe banana, mashed
1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- In a small saucepan, combine milk and ¾ cup water.
- Heat over medium heat until steaming hot, but not boiling.
- Add oats and cook, stirring until creamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in mashed banana and 1 tablespoon maple syrup.
- Divide between 2 bowls, garnish with walnuts and a little more maple syrup and serve.
Servings:Makes 2 servings.Recipe provided by the National Milk Promotion Board.
calories, 307; carbohydrate, 55 g; protein, 11 g; fat, 6 g; saturated fat, 0 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 2 mg; fiber, 6 g; total sugars, 22 g; sodium, 52 mg; calcium, 183 mg; folate, 10 mcg; iron, 3 mg; percent calories from fat, 18%.