- 8 stalks asparagus
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup sliced tomatoes
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Snap the tough ends off the asparagus and discard. Cut the tender stalks in 1 inch pieces.
- Place in a steamer basket, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with lemon juice. Steam or microwave 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a small skillet.
- Pour in the egg substitute and cook, pushing the eggs to the center of the pan and tipping the pan to cook evenly.
- When the eggs are ready, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and add the asparagus.
- Roll up, cut in half, and serve garnished with the tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 174; carbohydrate, 10 g; protein, 18 g; total fat, 6 g; saturated fat, 1 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 3 mg; fiber, 2 gm; total sugars, 6 g; sodium, 264 mg; calcium, 126 mg; folate, 19 mcg; iron, 3 mg; percent calories from fat, 31%.
Makes 2 servings.