Apple and Apricot Compote
- 1 can sliced apples, drained (about a 20 ounce can or about 2 cups)
- 1 can apricots, drained (about a 16 ounce can) Save the juice.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh fruits before preparing.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 1 quart baking dish.
- Alternate layers of apple and apricots in the dish.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the saved juice and cinnamon. Pour over fruit.
- Dot butter over top. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until liquid is almost gone.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 130; protein, 1g; carbohydrate, 30 g; total fat, 2 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 5 mg; fiber, 5 gm; total sugars, 24 g; sodium, 18 mg; calcium, 18 mg; folate, 4 mcg; iron, 0 mg; percent calories from fat, 14%.
Makes 6 servings.