Everybody Wins with Family Meals.
Kids Take Action at Family Mealtime
Eat Smart to Play Hard
- Pitch In! Place napkins, plates, and utensils on the table. Help younger kids pour milk into a cup.
- Be a Food Detective. Look for a vegetable or fruit you don’t recognize and learn its name. Ask if you can take it home and try it!.
- Get the Scoop. Use a spoon to scoop out avocados or remove seeds from tomatoes or peppers.
- Build Your Own. Put toppings like chopped vegetables, fruits, or cheese into small bowls for salads, sandwiches, tacos, or other meals that use lots of toppings.
- Brush it On! Use a pastry brush to paint a little oil on vegetables before they go in the oven.
- Shake, Shake, Shake! Mix ingredients in small containers or baggies by shaking them up together.
- Give it a Pluck.. Help pluck fruits or leaves from their stems.